Here are the latest Association News
The qualification system for the KSP world tour shall give the top wave riders in the world the opportunity to compete against each other, while creating a clear pathway of how to enter a KSP event and giving riders from as many nations as possible a chance to compete.
Slots for the 24 riders male fleet are allocated as follows (for the womens fleet, 50 % of the quota each)
- Top 8 from previous season are pre-qualified
- 2 wild cards for KSP tour
- 2 local wild cards
- 2 wildcards for PKRA
remaining slots are solely given to include more nations – this means except from the slots above, only riders from nations that are not yet represented are accepted.
- If there are more nations applying then slots are available, places are given in the order of regional strengths until all slots are filled (in the order South America, Europe, North America, Africa, Oceania, Asia, then from the beginning again). The IKA executive committee may deviate from the order of regions and nations in order to ensure highest quality of the selected riders, e.g. require a minimum of competition experience, results and/or performance to be expected.
- If there are less nations applying then slots are available, then additional places are given to nations in the order of regional and nation strength.
- If more than one rider applies from a nation eligible for a slot, then the national association nominates the rider. If no national association exists, then the IKA executive committee after consultation with the KSP will decide.
If any of the pre-allocated slots are not taken by the riders, these slots go to the pool for the nations.
If slots are not taken shortly before the event, they may be filled with local wild cards or, if possible, alternate riders from the waiting list on a first come-first serve basis.
Applications can be made online at the KSP website until March 1st : http://www.kspworldtour.com/index.php/about/the-riders/2012-riders-application.html