The IKA Youth & Masters Race worlds were held in Brittany from 13th- 15th May 2011 and attracted more than 60 kiters from all over the world, including Canada, South Africa, Germany, England, Spain, Italy and of course France to compete for the first World Titles to be given away in 2011 by the IKA.
Superb racing conditions were held in the Dournenez bay with exciting fast racing in 13-20knots wind and sunshine. 13 races were completed by PRO Bruno de Wannemaeker, using varying courses which challenged the riders.
In the youth division it was Maxim Nocher (FRA) who took the World Title followed by Ozwald Smith (RSA) in second and then then Oliver Bridge (GBR) in third position.
In the Masters division it was a close battle between Bjorn Jensen (DEN) winning the event in front of Adam Vance (CAN) who was close in second with less than 3 points behind. Dirk Hanel (GER) secured third place, but taking the victory in the mens production division.
The Grand Masters division was decided in favour of local Herve Rousseau (FRA) in front of Normand McGuire (CAN) and Jan Stensborg (DEN)
In the Women Masters Category Steph Bridge (GBR) got the Title by winning 11 out of 13 races during the 3 days of competition.
All racers now prepare for the Open Course Racing Worlds in Sylt - Germany, from 28.06.-03-07.2011
1. Maxime Nocher (FRA) - 7.00 points
2. Oswald Smith (RSA) - 17.00 points
3. Oliver Bridge (GBR) - 28.00 points
1. Bjorn Rune Jensen (DEN) - 15.50 points
2. Adam Vance (CAN) - 18.40 points
3. Dirk Hanel (GER) - 24.00 points
MENS PRODUCTION DIVISION
1. Dirk Hanel (GER) - 13.80 points
2. Simone Vanucci (ITA) - 14.80 points
3. Herve Rousseau (FRA) - 29.40 points
1. Herve Rousseau (FRA) - 49.00 points
2. Normand McGuire (CAN) - 95.00 points
3. Jan Stensborg (DEN) - 129.00 points
Full results can be found here