The skippers meeting began at 11h00 and the Race Director announced the day would start with 2 course races. Bruno Sroka (FRA, CABRINHA), Sean Farley (MEX, NORTH) and Abel Lago (SPA, RRD) were placed at the top of the rankings after the first 4 races and were determined to hold onto their podium positions.
In the women’s racing discipline, Fabienne D'Ortoli (FRA, NAISH), Licariao Aguiar (BRA, TRUZZ) and Kari Schibevaag (NOR, OZONE) held the top 3 spots after the first four races.
The races started and the spectators that had come to the beach were not disappointed!
Race One - Men: Race One - Women:
1. Bruno Sroka (FRA, CABRINHA) 1. Fabienne D'Ortoli (FRA, NAISH)
2. Jesse Richman (USA, CABRINHA) 2. Alice Brunnaci (ITA, NORTH)
3. Sergio Perera (SPA, F-ONE) 3. Licariao Aguiar (BRA, TRUZZ)
Race Two – Men: Race Two – Women:
1. Sean Farley (MEX, NORTH) 1. Fabienne D'Ortoli(FRA, NAISH)
2. Bruno Sroka (FRA, CABRINHA) 2. Licariao Brunnaci (ITA, NORTH)
3. Jess Richman (USA, CABRINHA) 3. Kari Schibevaag (NOR, OZONE)
The wind increased through the morning and a quick switch was made to start the double elimination heats for the men’s freestyle at 15h00. Michael Schitzhoffer (AUS, JN) and Vincent Tiger (FRA, F-ONE) were looking good in the rounds and setting high standards for the rider’s to pay some serious attention to. Both riders progressed to the quarter-finals.
The wind dropped off late in the afternoon and the competition will have to continue tomorrow. There is an exciting buzz about the party organized for this evening, to be held at the internationally renowned, Café Del Mar.
Lets all look forward to the final day of the KPWT Movistar Kite Pro Tarifa 2009! Prize giving will be held at 17h00 so please make sure, if you are in the area to come down and cheer for your champions!