First Rider are registered
It was announced today that Western Australia will play host to the inaugural IKA Kiteracing Oceanic Championships in 2013, and 2014.
The 2013 inaugural Oceanic Championships will be part of the International Kiteboarding Association's (IKA) annual course racing calendar, and will be run under the auspices of both the IKA and the International Sailing Federation (ISAF), the IKA being a subsidiary Federation to ISAF.
The sleepy Dutch Caribbean island of Bonaire wakes up to the adrenaline-rush of kite racing this week with the kick-off of the South & Middle American Championships. Thirty-four intrepid racers from around the world traveled to the tiny southern Caribbean island to test their mettle against each other in the near-perfect race conditions Bonaire has to offer.
Strong wind, pancake-flat water and a pod of passing dolphins greeted riders as they arrived for the start of the first day’s races. Men and women raced together, with the women getting a five-minute head start in each heat. Riccardo Leccese (ITA) dominated the four heats, with a first place finish every time. Day one of the racing concluded with Riccardo Leccese, Blazej Ogoz (POL) and Florian Gruber (GER) in the top three spots.
- Heineken Siblings take the North American Kiteracing Championships
- KB4Girls News:Israeli women come together for KB4girls Global event in Eilat to empower each other and raising funds for “First Hug”
- KTE News:The MINI Kitesurf Tour Europe will visit Dutch Top Spot The Hague / Scheveningen
- Kiteracing North Americans Day 3
- Kiteracing North Americans Day 2