LATE WINDS ALLOW FOR FINAL DAY RACES TO CLOSE THE ASIAN KITEBOARD COURSE RACING CHAMPIONSHIP.
The ocean in front of the Qanat Quartier beach area was alive with colour yet again yesterday, as Kiters from around the world hit the waters to compete for the last day of the Asian Kite Racing championship.
Both men and women’s fleets were able to complete the full schedule of 12 races in the final days medal race series.
Winds were extremely light ranging from 6-8knots only, meaning riders had to be extremely technical with their riding skills.
Narapichit Pudla (THA, P1/Ozone) was crowned the Asian Champion after the 6 day event, with Oliver Bridge (GBR, North) sweeping the podium with 1st positions in the Men’s Open fleet, Under 21 fleet and Under 18 Fleet. The ladies event saw a close battle between Elina Kalinina (RUS, ELF/TMV) and Steph Bridge (GBR, North), with Elina clinching the first position of the ladies Fleet after the tie break.
The Championship ended with a closing ceremony at the Grand Hyatt hotel, with prizes presented by President of Qatar sailing & Rowing Federation, Mr Khalifa Al Suwaidi.
1) Oliver Bridge (GBR, North) 13 points
2 Florian Trittel (SPA, ML/ Elf) 17 points
3) Florian Gruber (GER, Ozone / TMV) 21 points
4) Riccardo Leccese (ITA, ML/Ozone) 30 points
5) Mario Calbucci (ITA, TMV/Elf) 31 points
1) Elena Kalinina (RUS, Elf / TMV) 13 Points
2) Stephanie Bridge (GBR, North) 13 Points
3) Anastasia Akopova (RUS, ML/Ozone) 27 Points
4) Astrid Berz (SUI, ML/Ozone) 36 Points
5) Jade O’Connor (IRL, UC/Ozone) 36 Points
1) Narapichit Pudla (Thai, Ozone) 58 points
2) Osama Shihab (Jorden, Ozone) 61 points
3) Channon Phrakaew (Thai, North) 150 points
Full results can be seen at http://internationalkiteboarding.org/images/documents/results/2014AsiansResults.pdf
The Event Video Highlights can be found here:https://vimeo.com/ikaclass
Pictures can be downloaded from our Flickr Channel