The Kitesurf Tour Europe
The PKRA is thrilled to announce the next three upcoming events for the 2014 World Tour. These include the Dakhla Kiteboarding World Cup, Mondial Du Vent, and the Surf World Cup Podersdorf. After completing the very first World Tour event in
There has been a lot of discussion about the future of the wave discipline and especially about the coveted world title.
To give the discipline a new drive it has been decided that the world championship title will be awarded to the leader of the IKA wave world ranking at the end of the year, subject to conditions laid out below.
We believe that going this step is in the best interest of you, the riders, to prove yourself on the water sooner and more often while maintaining the quality aspects developed over the past few years.
Here are the conditions for the future wave world ranking and titles:
- any wave event counts towards the world ranking according to the standard point system (based on prize money)
- any organizer can apply to hold wave world cup events in compliance with the minimum criteria below
- the leader of the world ranking at the end of the year is the world champion, provided that a minimum of 3 wave world cup events have been held throughout the year
- Criteria for a wave world cup event supervised by IKA
- event run in accordance with IKA championship rules
- minimum holding period: 5 scheduled competition days
- minimum prize money: 10000 EUR/USD
- Contest Director appointed by IKA
- Head judge appointed by IKA
- Judging panel of 5 qualified wave judges
- majority of judging panel shall hold ISA/ASP license or shall be directly appointed by IKA
- minimum 10 minutes heats in the main event
- participants selected solely by IKA wave world ranking as of close of registration (local wildcards, e.g. 2 for men, 1 for women, may be awarded)
- the qualification system, local qualifiers, wildcard application process etc shall be stated in the NoR (to be approved by IKA)
We encourage PKRA, KSP and any independent event organizer to get in touch with us to bring more wave events to the calender.
For questions and enquiries please contact the IKA office.
- Delta Lloyd Regatta includes Kiteboarding with the possible Tokyo 2020 Format
- KTA News:Big Finale for the KTA Kite Kids
- KTA News:Sun rain and strong Winds for the final day
- PKRA News:Tack and Winkowska Sweep Nitro City Kite and Cable Challenge
- KTA News:Wind kicks in for a kicking end to the Freestyle singles