To grow, evolve and promote the sport of kiteboarding across the globe and across all disciplines.
The IKA pursues exclusively and directly charitable purposes.
The purpose of the International Kiteboarding Association is to promote the kitesurfing sport on a global level, this includes:
- To coordinate the affairs of its classes and any future IKA kiteboarding classes including but not limited to IKA Formula Kite, IKA Open, IKA Twin Tip Racing, IKA Twin Tip Freestyle, IKA Wave, IKA Slalom, IKA Speed, IKA KiteFoil.
- To represent the interests of the riders and their national class associations to World Sailing
- To promote national and international competitions in kiteboarding
- To promote the grassroots kiteboarding events and programs.
- To hold World and Continental Championships of the IKA kiteboarding classes in all disciplines.